Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Clear Scraps You & Me Birch Wood Frame

Hello! Today on the Clear Scraps blog I  have one of the new Birch Wood Frames that were debuted at Creativation last month! I'm always amazed on the ideas Susan has and these Wood Frames don't disappoint!  I  used the You & Me Birch Wood Frame which holds a horizontal 4x6 photo.  

I    started by painting the frame in dark grey but it looked too flat to me. So, I    decided to try a technique Susan had taught me at the show! After my grey paint was dry, I    used an old candle to rub wax onto the surface of the frame. I    then applied white chalk paint in sections using a spatula to  scrape off the paint before it dries. Your end result is a distressed look with the grey showing through the white.  I    did go in and add a little more white chalk paint to cover some of my scrape marks. Its definitely a learning curve! 

I    covered the frame portion with a black plaid print and adhere with my Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive.  Taking different patterns, I  cut these rolled flowers by Paige Evans found in the Silhouette shop! I    adhered buttons from my stash to some of the centers as well as added chipboard leaves.

I  finished by using my hot glue gun to adhere ribbon to the top of the frame as well as added a bow!  I  love how it turned out!  
Thanks for looking! Check out the new Clear Scraps products by clicking HERE!
Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment